Daniel Popescu, CFP, CIM, FMA, FCSI
President and CEO
Harbourfront Wealth Management is a private investment institution with branches across Canada. As President & CEO, Daniel oversees the firm’s operations but he’s better described as an entrepreneur, philanthropist, writer, public speaker, mentor, husband & father. In addition, Daniel has retained his personal client base consisting of a group of business owners, professionals and retirees, specializing in tax minimization, defensive portfolio construction, risk management, and trusts & estate preservation.
- Daniel brings 18 years of industry experience and prior to his senior management roles, built and managed one of Vancouver’s largest private wealth management practices.
- By 32 years of age Daniel ranked as the number one advisor at Canada’s largest asset management firm*.
- At 33 years of age he made partner at a national investment firm.
- At 36 years of age Daniel & his partners successfully sold their company to a major Canadian bank for $333 million.
- At 39 years of age Daniel was named Business in Vancouver’s Top Forty under 40.
- Now in his 40’s he continues to manage and grow Harbourfront and shares his entrepreneurial & money management approach with a handful of new clients every year.
- Daniel has delivered over 300 wealth management lectures which include joint speaking engagements with Kevin O’Leary from CBC’s Dragon’s Den, industry professionals and other entrepreneurs.
- In an effort to raise money for BC Children’s hospital, Daniel created a non-profit advisor training platform and coached & mentored more than 1000 advisors throughout his career.
- Daniel and his wife have set up the Popescu Family Foundation in an effort to raise money for a small group of Canadian charities. Daniel’s philanthropic endeavors have taken him to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, mountain bike races and many Vancouver based charity events.
- Daniel lives with his wife and two children in West Vancouver, BC.
* Based on new business or national production at previous two firms.